Published on June 25th, 2013 | by Jordan
Celebrate Canada Day with Special CAA Offers
Canada Day is right around the corner and we’ve got some exciting things planned for our nation’s 146th birthday. But before we share what CAA South Central Ontario has in store, here are some fun facts about the Great White North:
- Hockey and lacrosse are both Canada’s national sports
- John Cabot was the first explorer to reach Canada in 1497
- Canadians consume more macaroni and cheese than any other nation on Earth
- Ontario’s groundhog (named Wiarton Willie) is an albino groundhog from Wiarton, Ontario
- There hasn’t been mail delivery on Saturday in Canada for the past 35 years
- The Stanley Cup has its own bodyguard
- The word “Canada” comes from a misunderstanding between Jacques Cartier and some Iroquois youth. The youth were pointing out a small area (for which they used the word “Kanata”), but Cartier took that to mean the entire area
- There are no snakes on the island of Newfoundland
- Canada only received an official national flag almost 100 years after it became a country
- It was illegal to sell pop cans in Prince Edward Island between 1984 and 2008
Ready to celebrate? Here are just a few of the exciting deals, savings and offers CAA has planned for Canada Day:
Ottawa Hotel Savings
Celebrate Canada Day in our nation’s capital and get closer to the ceremonies, performances and fireworks than ever before!
Special Membership Offer
Buy any CAA membership and receive 10 FREE Universal Music Downloads!*
Save BIG on Travel Merchandise
Stop by your local CAA Store between June 21 – 29 and save on luggage, accessories and more! Here are just a few of our great deals.
© 2018 CAA Club Group. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario and Manitoba.
® CAA trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Making bad days good. And good days better. is a trademark of CAA Club Group.
Back to Top ↑