Published on November 14th, 2014 | by Jordan
Check Out the First Mobile, Keyless Entry System for Hotels
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide is making losing your hotel keycard a thing of the past. Earlier this month they announced the rollout of their new SPG Keyless functionality, “the hospitality industry’s first mobile, keyless entry system allowing guests to use their smartphone as a key.”
The release also mentions that “SPG Keyless is a groundbreaking turning point in the traditional hotel experience, redefining the age-old way guests arrive and check-in to their rooms. SPG Keyless – powered by the SPG app – enables guests to bypass the front desk (where available), go directly to their room and unlock their stay with a simple tap of their smartphone.”
Here’s how it works:
- SPG Members must register their phone once through the SPG App and allow push notifications.
- After booking a reservation at a keyless hotel and approximately 24 hours before arrival, SPG members are invited to opt-in to SPG Keyless.
- Guests will receive a push notification noting that they are checked in and the SPG App will update with his/her room number and Bluetooth key when the room is ready.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, the guest can completely bypass the front desk (where available) and go directly to his/her room.
- After ensuring his/her Bluetooth is enabled, the guest simply opens the SPG App, holds the smartphone to the door lock, waits for the solid green light and enters the room.
For more information on SPG Keyless, check out spg.com/keyless.
In addition to this great new technology. CAA Members can take advantage of a 15% discount at participating properties, including Le Meridien, Aloft, The Luxury Collections, Westin, Four Points, Element, Sheraton, St. Regis and W!
Ready to learn more?
© 2018 CAA Club Group. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario and Manitoba.
® CAA trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Making bad days good. And good days better. is a trademark of CAA Club Group.
Back to Top ↑