Published on March 27th, 2019 | by Guest Contributor
Take a Peek Behind the Curtain at the CAA Theatre and WIN!
What’s better than a night at the theatre? How about a free night at the theatre? Or one where you have a chance to mingle with the cast over drinks and hors d’oeurves afterward? Now that it’s World Theatre Day, (#WorldTheatreDay) we at CAA South Central Ontario want to remind you that as a Member, you’ve got some serious stage-side perks. (Pssst! And a chance to win 4 tickets to a hot new show!)
Since last year, when our partnership grew with Mirvish Productions, Canada’s leading theatrical organization, we’ve saved Members even more money on show tickets, surprised them with pop-up lounges and even supplied free coat checks and coffee.
“We are constantly investing in our members, and they are looking for the types of experiences that make their days better,” says Rhonda English, chief marketing officer, CAA SCO. “Canadian theatre inspires audiences and creates lasting memories, and this partnership allows us to bring that value to our members in new and affordable ways.”
Read on to see how we set the stage to give our Members a great night out — and how you could win 4 tickets to one of 2019’s newest productions.
CAA Members LOVE the Perks!
To date, there have been 267 performances in the new CAA Theatre. Through our partnership, CAA Members receive savings of up to 25% on select Mirvish shows as well as “always on” perks that include complimentary coffee and coat check at any Mirvish theatre with a swipe of their membership card.
And Members have certainly been enjoying these perks! In 2018, we had more than 15,000 swipes for free coffee, more than 9,000 swipes for free coat check and provided more than 11,000 Members with discounted show tickets. In 2018, we also had 400 contest winners who attended Member appreciation events for Annie, Mamma Mia!, Ain’t Too Proud and Come From Away.
Lucky Members also continue to enjoy On-The-Spot surprises, like pop-up lounges for select shows where Members are surprised with a VIP Pass at the theatre that gives them access to a private lounge during show intermission. The lounge includes delicious snacks, non-alcoholic beverages and access to a private restroom. Or, Members may be surprised at CAA Stores and events with tickets to a future show, courtesy of CAA. You just never know where we’ll be handing out tickets next!
2018 Was Big. 2019 Will be Even Bigger!
Let’s take a look back at some of the highlights of the CAA Theatre’s first year, and forward at what’s to come in 2019.
The CAA Theatre’s debut show in December, 2017, was Million Dollar Quartet, a new production of the Broadway show featuring an all-Canadian cast. Theatre goers described the toe tapping jukebox musical, featuring the songs of Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley, as “fantastic,” “outstanding” and “spectacular!”
The next production was from February to March, 2018. That was King Charles III, a “future history” take on the British Royals, featuring performances fit for a king. The Toronto Star called this play “ingenious” and “edgy” and lauded the acting as “of royal calibre.”
In April and May, the Tony Award-winning coming-out story Fun Home, which has been described as, “fabulous” and “heartbreaking,” moved audiences. And in February 2019, another Tony winner, Oslo, brought to life a dramatization of the once-secret negotiations leading to the Oslo Peace Accord. According to The Globe and Mail Oslo “turns dry diplomacy into edge of your drama,” which is no small feat.
What’s Waiting in the Wings for 2019-2020 Season.
We couldn’t be more excited with the lineup of plays coming to the CAA Theatre!
These include the Pulitzer Prize-winning drama Next to Normal, the story of a mother struggling with bipolar disorder, playing April 26 – May 19.
And Piaf/Dietrich, a musical drama about the friendship between two of the most famous women in music and film history, Edith Piaf and Marlene Dietrich, runs from September 17 – December 15.
In February – March, 2020, US/Them will bring the true life terror story of the Beslan School siege to the CAA stage. And Room, the stage adaptation of Emma Donoghue’s novel and the acclaimed film of the same name will run in April 2020.
Pick an Upcoming Show and WIN Tickets!
Looking to see a show this year?
You could WIN four tickets to one of the following shows:
- Next to Normal (April 26 – May 19)
- The Little Black Dress (June 4 – 9)
- Piaf/Dietrich (September 17 – December 15)
- Us/Them (February – March) Dates will be announced soon!
- Room (March – April ) Dates will be announced soon!
- Indecent (April – May) Dates will be announced soon!
Pick one show from list above and type it into the comments section below.
We’ll enter you into a random draw for a chance to win four tickets for the show you’ve selected. Draw will be held on April 15, 2019. See contest rules below for details.
Prefer to Have a Guaranteed Seat?
CAA Members can buy their discounted tickets today and bring their CAA membership card with them to the show to get instant perks!
Not a Member? Become a CAA Member today and start saving on some of Toronto’s best Theatre.
The Show Must Go On!
It’s been an incredible beginning for the CAA Theatre and we are immensely proud to be a part of the great Canadian Theatre scene. Here’s looking towards an exciting future of great shows and making amazing memories at the CAA Theatre.
Happy World Theatre Day!
CAA SOUTH CENTRAL ONTARIO
“CAA’s World Theatre Day” – CONTEST RULES
- CAA’s World Theatre Day Contest (“Contest”) sponsored by CAA Club Group (operating as CAA South Central Ontario) (“CAA”) is open to persons who permanently reside within the club territory of CAA South Central Ontario, and have reached the age of majority in the Province of Ontario (18 years of age) as of the date of entry for the Contest with the following exceptions: employees and retirees of CAA and its affiliates, partners, suppliers, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest agency if any, and the household members and Immediate Family of any of the above are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “Immediate Family” means spouse, parent, sibling or progeny, whether or not resident in the same household.
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase necessary. To enter contest, visit http://blog.caasco.com/local/take-a-peek-behind-the-curtain-at-the-caa-theatre-and-win found on the CAA South Central Ontario website located at https://www.caasco.com and follow the instructions provided.
- All entries must be received by CAA during the “Contest Period” beginning at 10:00:01 a.m. EST on March 27h, 2019 and ending on April 15, 2019 at 11:59:59 pm EST (“Contest Closing Date”). For online entries, proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Only one (1) entry per person.
- Entries that are incomplete, late, lost, and/or irregular in any way or sent by an unauthorized method are automatically void and will not be eligible or accepted. Entries will only be accepted as described herein and will not be accepted by any other means.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
- One (1) prize is available to be won, consisting of four (4) tickets to see your choice of one of the performances indicated below (show times and dates are subject to availability), valued at approximately $356.00 CAD (the “Prize”):
- Next to Normal (Apr 26 – May 29, 2019)
- The Little Black Dress (Jun 4-9, 2019)
- Piaf/Dietrich (Sep 17 – Dec 15, 2019)
- Us/Them (February – March)
- Room (March – April)
- Indecent (April – May)
- The Prize is subject to availability at the time of request. The Prize value may vary depending on availability at the time of request. For show timings, address and other details, go to www.mirvish.com/shows
- The Prize may not be combined with any other offer or discount. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, and may not be assigned, transferred, substituted, exchanged, refunded or redeemed for cash value. CAA reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an item of equivalent or greater retail value in the event that a Prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond CAA’s control.
- One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The decision will be made by CAA on April 18th, 2019 at 10:00 am the head office located at 60 Commerce Valley Drive, East, Thornhill, ON.
- The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Selected entrants will be notified by email provided at the time of entry. No communication or correspondence will be entered into, except with selected entrants.
- To be confirmed the Winner, the selected entrant must:
- (a) confirm compliance with these Contest Rules;
- (b) accept the Prize as awarded;
(c) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, and within the time prescribed; and
(d) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release, in the form requested by CAA, within three business days from the dated of delivery thereof.
- The mathematical skill-testing question will be administered by email and returned to CAA South Central Ontario.
- If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) business days of the first attempt to contact him/her and after a minimum of two (2) attempts, or fails to be confirmed as the Winner within the time prescribed, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive any Prize, and another eligible entry will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received until such a Winner is confirmed. The initial selected Winner will have no recourse towards CAA or anyone involved in the Contest.
AWARDING OF THE PRIZE
- The Prize will only be delivered to the confirmed Winner. The Prize will be delivered to the Winner by e-mail upon receipt of the signed Declaration of Eligibility and Release.
- Selected entrants are subject to verification by CAA and/or its designated representatives, in their sole discretion.
- Refusal by an entrant to accept the Prize or any part of the Prize releases and forever discharges CAA and its agents from all obligations related to the Prize, including delivery. The Winner agrees to be responsible for the conduct of his or her guest. The Winner and his or her guest are solely responsible for all expenses which are not included in the Prize description above.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release CAA and its affiliated companies, and their officers, directors, employees, suppliers, sponsors, administrators, representatives and agents, including but not limited to CAA’s advertising and promotional agencies (the “Releases’”) from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever arising from their participation in the Contest or use of any Prize awarded as a result of this Contest.
- CAA’s suppliers are independent third parties over which CAA does not exercise any control. CAA is not responsible for the acts or omissions of these suppliers, nor does it assume any responsibility for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment to the Winner.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the decisions of CAA are final and binding. CAA may, at its sole discretion, terminate or withdraw any Contest entry without liability and without notice to the entrant. CAA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest for any reason including should a virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the reasonable control of CAA corrupt or affect the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is illegal, and should such an attempt be made, CAA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including, where appropriate, criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. CAA reserves the right to change the terms of this Contest or terminate it at any time, without prior notice.
- Online entries must be made by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of mechanical assistance, form filling software, or robotic assistance is prohibited.
- Only one (1) entrant’s name may appear on the entry form. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a selected entrant based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question.
- CAA assumes no responsibility for entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, postage due, destroyed or delayed. CAA assumes no responsibility for any failure of the Contest website or computer systems during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry including an online entry to be received by CAA on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s property (including computer) related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material in relation to the Contest.
- By accepting the Prize in this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, city of residence, voice, photograph, image or likeness in any publicity or advertisement carried out by CAA in connection with this Contest without any further compensation.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and shall be governed by the laws of Ontario.
- All applicable federal, provincial and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- CAA® and CAA logo trademarks are owned by and use is granted by the Canadian Automobile Association.
- This Contest is sponsored by, and is at the sole discretion of, CAA Club Group.
© 2018 CAA Club Group. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario and Manitoba.
® CAA trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Making bad days good. And good days better. is a trademark of CAA Club Group.
Back to Top ↑