Published on September 25th, 2018 | by Lisa Boynton
Know Your Credit Card Coverage With CAA’s Travel Insurance Checklist.
When it comes to planning your next getaway, your first thoughts might immediately turn to where you want to go, what hotel to book and all the fun excursions you’ll take.
But insurance is a major part of making sure you’re able to travel worry-fee and focus on that dream destination.
For those who are thinking of using their credit cards for travel insurance, there are many important questions to ask. Often the coverage is limited. It’s important that you educate yourself on exactly what benefits are included and the amount of coverage you need to have before you travel.
Travel Insurance Checklist.
Partially covered isn’t covered. That’s why we’ve created this handy travel insurance checklist to help you determine everything you need to know about your coverage.
Ask yourself the following:
- Do I need to pay for my trip with my credit card in order to be covered for travel insurance (medical and cancellation)?
- Are my family or friends covered under my credit card’s travel insurance policy?
- How many days of coverage are included?
Emergency Medical Insurance Coverage.
- Can I top up and/or extend my policy?
- Will my medical expenses be paid up-front if I need to make a claim?
- What is the stability period for pre-existing conditions?
- Is there an age limit for medical coverage?
Trip Cancellation And Interruption Insurance Coverage.
- What is the amount payable for trip cancellation and interruption?
- When cancelling a trip, what circumstances will I be covered for?
- Would the policy allow me to cancel for any reason and will I get reimbursed?
Following this checklist will help you make sure you asked all the important questions so you can book the travel insurance that best meet your needs and has got you covered.
Want a copy of CAA’s Travel Insurance Checklist?
Still have questions about travel insurance? Learn More.
Find full policy details at caasco.com/policy.
CAA Travel Insurance is underwritten by Orion Travel Insurance Company.
© 2018 CAA Club Group. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario and Manitoba.
® CAA trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Making bad days good. And good days better. is a trademark of CAA Club Group.
Back to Top ↑