Published on July 31st, 2019 | by Lisa Boynton
Explore Toronto on Two Wheels During Free Ride Wednesdays!
Free Ride Wednesdays are BACK! Explore Toronto for free every Wednesday in August with unlimited 30-minute station-to-station trips, courtesy of Bike Share Toronto and brought to you by CAA South Central Ontario.
“CAA has a strong history of supporting cycling and road safety in communities,” said Rhonda English, chief marketing officer, CAA South Central Ontario. “We are always looking for meaningful ways to give back to our members and their communities. Our support of Bike Share Toronto is a great example of that and provides an opportunity for Torontonians to explore and utilize the city’s cycling infrastructure.”
You’ll be sharing the road with other vehicles so before you start exploring on two wheels, why not brush up on some riding safety tips?
How to Start Exploring.
- Download CycleFinder (the Official app of Bike Share Toronto) onto your mobile phone or visit a Bike Share Toronto station.
- Go to any of the 465 Bike Share Toronto stations any Wednesday in August.
- Select “Buy a pass,” then “$0 One-Day” on the CycleFinder app or at a station kiosk.
- Insert your credit card information (to get the $10 refundable deposit back and for any overage fees, should they apply).
- Type the 5-digit code you will receive into the keypad on the docking point on the bike of your choice.
- You’re ready to ride!
For trips exceeding 30 minutes, overage fees apply at a rate of $4 for each additional 30 minutes of ride time. To avoid these fees, simply dock the bike and unlock the same bike (or another) to continue riding every 30 minutes.
YOU Get a Free Ride and YOU Get a Free Ride and…
Free Ride Wednesdays is open to everyone, whether you’re a CAA Member or not.
We hope you take advantage of this great way to get out during lunch, run some errands or simply take in the great outdoors! We want to make sure everyone gets a chance to try out Bike Share Toronto and explore the city so give it a try! #FreeRideTO #BikeWithCAA
Learn More about Free Ride Wednesdays and we’ll see you in the bike lane!
© 2018 CAA Club Group. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario and Manitoba.
® CAA trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Making bad days good. And good days better. is a trademark of CAA Club Group.
Back to Top ↑