Published on May 14th, 2014 | by Jordan
How to Avoid a Vehicle or Bicycle Breakdown
Summer weather is almost here, and that means more sun, fun and road trips. To avoid a breakdown, we recommend the following tips:
Summer safety tips for drivers
- Check your vehicle fluid levels and the air pressure in all tires, including the spare tire in your trunk.
- Replace worn or damaged windshield wiper blades.
- When in doubt, get a full mechanical inspection performed before you begin your trip.
CAA SCO received more than 5,000 requests for TripTik® route planners this May in preparation for the long weekend (May 17-19)! Some of the most popular road trip spots are in Ontario, Quebec, New York, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
“Quebec has grown in popularity because it’s a great location for cycling vacations with more than 5,000 km of bikeways in the province,” said Deborah Vahabi, Road Trips Department Supervisor, CAA SCO.
Summer safety tips for cyclists
- Top up the air in your tires before you hit the trail.
- Clean your brakes and ensure they are working properly.
- For video tutorials on how to get your bike road-trip ready, download the free CAA Ontario Bike Assist App.
If your weekend plans take you outside of the province or the country, be sure to make travel insurance a part of your travel plans. OHIP coverage may not cover you outside of Ontario. Provincial health plans cover approximately 9 per cent of medical expenses when travelling outside of Canada.*
Did we miss your favourite tip? Share it with us in the comments section below and we might include it in our post!
© 2018 CAA Club Group. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario and Manitoba.
® CAA trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Making bad days good. And good days better. is a trademark of CAA Club Group.
Back to Top ↑