Published on April 16th, 2015 | by Jordan
Got an Auto-related Question? Ask an Expert at CAA, Free of Charge!
Trying to figure out a fair price for your used vehicle? Need repairs, but want to make sure you’re only getting exactly what’s required? Not everyone’s an auto expert, so CAA’s Consumer & Technical Services team (CATS) is here to help.
What services does CATS offer for Members?
- Provide technical info regarding automobile or auto repairs.
- Provide info and procedures on buying/selling used cars in Ontario.
- Deliver annual CAA National car operating cost info for people looking for information on how to calculate the cost to own & operate a vehicle each year.
- Plus information on buying/selling a car plus discounts on vehicle history reports and inspection services.
Buying or Selling a Car
When it comes to buying or selling a car, accurate information can mean a savings or gain of thousands of dollars. CATS can provide information and procedures for selling/buying used vehicle in Ontario. When purchasing a used vehicle, CATS can provide pricing using the Canadian Red Book, Canadian Black Book, and consumer Report.
This is very useful when determining a reasonable selling price for your vehicle, or recognizing if a prospective purchase is reasonably priced.
Vehicle History Report
In the used car market, smart buyers seek out the best deals. Vehicle History Reports such as CARFAX and CARPROOF (available at a minor cost) are valuable tools in the search.
Vehicle History Reports tell you the complete history of a vehicle, to ensure that your new used vehicle is the best value for your money. This benefit is provided as a discounted Member benefit.
Vehicle History Reports include:
- Title check: was the car salvaged? Is it a lemon?
- Odometer check: is the vehicles odometer reading accurate?
- Problem check: has the car ever been damaged, or in a previous accident?
- Registration check: previous uses for the vehicle
Vehicle Inspection Service
Licensed mechanics will inspect your car at a CAA Approved Automotive Repair Service facility using a special CAA inspection list. When the inspection is complete, they will go over the list with you and explain the results. This is a valuable service for anyone who’s considering the purchase of a used car, or taking a driving vacation soon.
Want to get in touch with CATS? You can speak to a specialist by phone at 1-866-464-6448 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2018 CAA Club Group. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario and Manitoba.
® CAA trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Making bad days good. And good days better. is a trademark of CAA Club Group.
Back to Top ↑