Published on June 25th, 2013 | by Jordan
2013’s Top Summer Travel Destinations
With summer officially here and the end of the school year near, Ontarians are beginning to plan summer getaways. Approximately 30,000 CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) Members and customers are expected to either hit the road or take to the friendly skies this season.
The top three driving destinations for summer:
- Atlantic Canada
- Within Ontario
The top three flying destinations for summer:
- United States
- United Kingdom
If you are planning a road trip:
- Make sure your car is road worthy. Change your oil, test your battery, top up your fluids and check your tire pressure before you leave. Visit the nearest Approved Auto Repair Services location for a comprehensive vehicle inspection and take advantage of our latest offers.
- Always keep the view through your back window clear. For all your travel gear including emergency kits, water bottles, maps and luggage visit a CAA Travel Store near you.
- Determine your route ahead of time and bring a map as a backup to your GPS.
CAA offers customized maps and TripTik route planners to help get you where you are going safely.
If you are flying to your destination:
- Review your airline’s policies for check in and carry-on luggage fees.
- Pack appropriately, take what is needed and make sure you handle your own luggage.
- Check in online and print your boarding passes at home prior to leaving for the airport. Arrive early for your flight as lines are expected to be busier than normal.
- For carry-on items, make sure all liquid bottles are a maximum of 100 ml and fit into a 1 L clear plastic bag.
Whether you are flying or driving this summer, travel insurance should be on your vacation checklist. An unexpected trip to the emergency room or a visit to the doctor’s office can be expensive.
© 2017 CAA South Central Ontario
Back to Top ↑