Published on February 5th, 2015 | by Jordan
Get the Perfect Bouquet for Mom with our Valentine’s Day Flower Matching Guide
Mom deserves more than a last-minute grocery store bouquet, so we teamed up with Teleflora to help make choosing a personalized assortment easy. Just match your mom to the qualities below and you’ll find the flowers that suit her best.
Once you’re done, head over to Teleflora and make your selection – for a limited time, CAA Members SAVE 20% plus EARN 5% in CAA Dollars® on all arrangements!
Style, class and culture define these moms. Play up her inner Meryl Streep with either of these regal selections:
- Red, the lover’s rose, signifies enduring passion
- White, humility and innocence; yellow, expressing friendship and joy
- Pink, gratitude, appreciation and admiration
- Orange, enthusiasm and desire
- White lilac and purple roses represent enchantment and love at first sight
- With their lush, full, rounded bloom, peonies embody romance and prosperity and are regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage.
Pair Mom’s zest for life and lively personality with two ornamental flowers that refuse to blend in with the crowd.
- The small camellia-like ranunculus ranges from white to pink, red to yellow to orange
- In the language of flowers, a bouquet of ranunculus says, “I am dazzled by your charms.”
- The most highly coveted of ornamental plants
- Delicate, exotic and graceful
- Represents love, luxury, beauty and strength
- Sense of magnificence and artful splendor
Nothing can repay a lifetime of unconditional love, but a thoughtful, heartfelt bouquet is as good a start as any!
- Features wooden stems
- Lacy, star-shaped flowers packed closely together in a pompom
- The hydrangea’s colour ranges from white to blue to pink and purple
- Despite this variation in flower meaning, there appears to be an overwhelming consensus that this 4th wedding anniversary flower possesses enduring grace and beauty
- Today the amaryllis has come to symbolize pride, determination and radiant beauty
- Wide ruffled, delicate petals and oval leaves
- Colours ranging from white to pink, lavender to purple and bicolors such as blue-violet
- It’s said that lisianthus also symbolize appreciation
- Richly coloured yet small, delicate flowers
- Meaning delicate or blissful pleasure in the language of flowers
- This enchanting flower remains a favourite fragrant blossom
- Lush, dolphin-shaped flowers
- Symbolize an open heart and ardent attachment
- Convey a feeling of lightness, carefree
- Rainbow colouring
- Cheerful faces with a button centers. Or maybe it’s simply their decidedly unfussy attitude
By now you should have a pretty good idea as to which flowers best complement your mom’s personality, so visit Teleflora online to browse their selection.
© 2017 CAA South Central Ontario
Back to Top ↑