Published on June 14th, 2017 | by Rael Tooch
Summer Attractions to Be Attracted To.
Summer is here and that means sunny days, adventures and loads of fun await.
Whether you’re staying in Canada or venturing to the U.S. there are so many exciting and interesting places to visit. From sightseeing to getaways, to exploring and touring or just a local day out, there is so much to see and do, you just need to decide what you’re up for.
We can help make your decision easier, especially if you’re a CAA Member. Our Members don’t pay gate price! That’s right! CAA Members save up to 25% on summer fun attractions.
Staying in Canada, here are a few attractions:
With over 5,000 animals, representing more than 450 species, the Toronto Zoo is certainly a place to keep you and your family entertained and delighted for many hours. It will also keep you on your toes as there are numerous walking trails, in fact over 10 km, so wear comfy shoes.
There is a lot to see and do and some things that you should not miss are the following:
- The Giant Panda Experience – explore this extraordinary state-of-the-art Interpretive Centre and meet the giant panda cubs.
- Explore the Gorilla Rainforest – here you’ll discover the western Lowland Gorilla Troop.
- Walk through Indomalaya – home to tigers, orangutans, clouded leopards and Indian rhinos.
- Discover the African Savannah and great creatures such as rhinos, hippos, giraffes and white lions.
- There is a 10-acre Tundra Trek which features a 5-acre polar bear habitat and underwater viewing area.
- Explore the Zoo’s Great Barrier Reef exhibit in the Australasia pavilion filled with loads of wonderful moon jellies and sea horses.
The Toronto Zoo is an all-year and all-round experience and you’re encouraged to enjoy the beauty of it.
If you’re looking for tons of fun, then Canada’s Wonderland, a 330-acre theme park in Vaughan, Ontario should quench your thirst for adventure. Not only is it equipped with over 200 rides but it offers an array of excitement in numerous forms. Here are 10 reasons why you should venture there:
- Ride Canada’s biggest and tallest coaster – the Leviathan.
- Family-friendly fun exclusively at KidZville and Planet Snoopy.
- Spiral through the sky at Soaring Timbers.
- Enjoy the rush as you go from zero to 64 km/h in less than 10 seconds on Backlot Stunt Coaster.
- There are 16 roller coasters that will surely delight you.
- Funnel cakes – as much as you want.
- Drinks on tap with an All-Season Refillable Souvenir Bottle.
- Keep cool at the Splash Works water park.
- Acrobatic acts.
- VIP tours.
That’s just the beginning, there’s a whole lot of adventure waiting for you at Canada’s Wonderland.
ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)
Since 1914, the ROM has been showcasing culture, nature and art from around the globe and across various time frames. If you have a penchant for dinosaurs, minerals, meteorites, fine art and European and Canadian history, then the ROM will delight you.
Current exhibitions and galleries:
- Art, Honour and Ridicule. Asafo Flags from Southern Ghana – this new exhibition takes an intimate and historical look at Asafo flags.
- Out of the Depths: The Blue Whale Story. Get up close to one of the world’s most mysterious and largest animals ever.
- The Family Camera – see family photographs differently. This exhibit looks at family photographs as a cultural practice through the lens of migration.
- Eaton Gallery of Rome. Emperors and gladiators are just the beginning.
- Matthews Family Court of Chinese Sculpture. One of the ROM’s most inspiring spaces.
Enjoy and explore the extraordinary experiences that the ROM has to offer you.
Heading to the U.S. check out these offers:
SeaWorld has been entertaining visitors for years, but there’s now more to explore than ever before. Enjoy unbelievable animal encounters, amazing roller coasters, incredible shows and wonderful experiences day and night.
- Kraken Unleashed. This is the latest virtual reality experience aboard SeaWorld’s famous floorless coaster.
- Pop. This amazing bubble show is brought to life by world-renowned bubble master Fan Yang as he creates amazing bubble artistry.
- Electric Ocean. Once the sun goes down, the night comes alive with fireworks and lasers – especially designed to create a family-friendly event.
This is entertainment on a whole new level and it’s not just for kids, but kids of all ages. Bring the whole family and enjoy the magic of Disney.
What’s to discover?
- Pandora – The World of Avatar. If you saw the movie, you’ll know how thrilling it was. So get ready to be thrilled and amazed as you journey deep into a bioluminescent rainforest.
- Guardians of the Galaxy. Another great movie takes shape in Disneyland California with Mission: Breakout. Join Rocket on a thrilling mission to rescue the Guardians of the Galaxy from high up in The Collector’s Fortress.
- Miss Adventure Falls. Board a treasure raft and hit the high seas for family fun during the longest ride in the history of the Disney Water Parks.
- The Music of Pixar Live. Stamp your feet, clap your hands as you enjoy the tunes of popular Pixar films, including classics such as Finding Nemo, Cars, Toy Story and UP.
There is no limit to how much magic you can have, it just depends on how much you can handle.
Kennedy Space Center
The countdown to you getting to the Kennedy Space Center is in your hands, but make it your mission to get there soon. There is too much cool stuff going on so get out there and explore.
- Heroes & Legends. In this 4D multisensory theatre you will relive the thrills and dangers of America’s earliest space missions.
- Astronaut Encounter. Get up close and personal with one of the few who have travelled to space.
- Rocket Garden. This is a tribute and testament to engineers and scientists who turned dreams of spaceflight into a reality.
- U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame. Learn about the lives of space heroes through various captivating displays.
Save money and have a great time with CAA’s Attraction Tickets.*
© 2018 CAA Club Group. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario and Manitoba.
® CAA trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Making bad days good. And good days better. is a trademark of CAA Club Group.
Back to Top ↑