Published on June 21st, 2017 | by Danielle Williams
Win BIG with the CAA Summer ’17 Sweepstakes.
This summer we’re treating you with amazing weekly prizes during the CAA Summer ’17 Sweepstakes. Make sure to “Like” us on Facebook to catch us live every Wednesday where we announce the weekly grand prize and how you could win.
We’re doing this all summer, every Wednesday. Make sure to follow the conversation using the hashtag #CAASummer17 and remember to “Like” us on Facebook for all the latest updates. Good luck!
Here are the weekly grand prizes and winners:
|One (1) Pixel (Phone by Google) 5” 32GB Quate Black.|
|One (1) Samsung 55” 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Tizen Smart TV.|
|One (1) Blue Jays Prize Pack.|
|Week 4 (July 12-13)||One (1) Travel Essentials Prize Pack.|
|One (1) Home Depot Gift Card.|
|$500 CAA Dollars and a free Membership.|
|Fifty-two (52) Litres of ice-cream from Marble Slab Creamery.|
|Two (2) Best Western gift cards.||
Johnny L. from Toronto, ON.
|Second City Prize Pack and dinner gift card to Wayne Gretzkys .|
|One (1) Penguin Fresh gift card.|
|One (1) Go Pro and accessories pack.|
CAA SOUTH CENTRAL ONTARIO
CAA Summer 17 Sweepstakes – RULES
1. The CAA Summer 17 Sweepstakes (“Contest”) sponsored by CAA Club Group (operating as CAA South Central Ontario) (“CAA”) is open to all residents within the club territory of CAA South Central Ontario, and have reached the age of majority in the Province of Ontario (18 years of age) as of the date of entry for the Contest with the following exceptions: employees and retirees of CAA and its affiliates, partners, suppliers, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest agency if any, and the household members and Immediate Family of any of the above are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “Immediate Family” means spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
HOW TO ENTER
2. No purchase necessary. To enter the Contest, visit the website at caasco.com/summer17 and submit your entry form by following the instructions provided, or “Like” or “Comment” on the CAA Page on Facebook to receive a contest entry during the “Contest Period”. The “Contest Period” begins at 10:00:01 a.m. EST on June 21st, 2017 and ends at 10:00:01 a.m. EST on Aug 31st 2017, or “Like” or “Comment” on the CAA page on Facebook.3. Only one (1) entry per person per week for each method of entering, to a maximum of 3 entries per person per week.
4. Entries that are incomplete, late, lost, and/or irregular in any way or sent by an unauthorized method are automatically void and will not be eligible or accepted. Entries will only be accepted as described herein and will not be accepted by any other means.
5. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
6. One (1) prize is available to be won every week, consisting of the following:
- Week 1 (June 21–22)
One (1) Pixel (Phone by Google) 5” 32GB Quate Black with an approximate value of $899.
- Week 2 (June 28–29)
One (1) Samsung 55” 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Tizen Smart TV. (UN55MU6300FXZC) with an approximate value of $1099.
- Week 3 (July 5–6)
One (1) Blue Jays Prize Pack with an approximate value of $500.
- Week 4 (July 12–13)
One (1) Travel Essentials Prize Pack with an approximate value of $1000.
- Week 5 (July 19–20)
One (1) Home Depot gift card with an approximate valued at $500.
- Week 6 (July 26–27)
$500 CAA Dollars and a free Membership.
- Week 7 (August 2–3)
Fifty-two (52) Litres of ice-cream from Marble Slab Creamery with an approximate value of $702, owned and operated by Canadian Ice Cream Company.
- Week 8 (August 9–10)
Two (2) Best Western gift cards with an approximate value of $500.
- Week 9 (August 16–17)
Theatre Training drop in class on either a Monday or Friday at Second City, a night out for four (4) to one of their shows, Second City swag, and a dinner gift card valued at $150 to Wayne Gretzkys (Total value of $700).
- Week 10 (August 23–24)
One (1) Penguin Fresh gift card valued at $1000.
- Week 11 (August 30–31)
One (1) Go Pro and accessories pack valued at $1,000.
With an approximate total retail value of $11,000 CAD (Individually a “Prize”; collectively the “Prizes”).
7. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and may not be assigned, transferred, substituted exchanged, refunded or redeemed for cash value. CAA reserves the right to substitute a Prize with an item of equivalent or greater retail value at CAA’s sole discretion.
8. One (1) Winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received from all entry methods during the Contest Period every week. The selections will be made by CAA at its head office located at 60 Commerce Valley Drive East, Thornhill, ON.
9. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
10. Each Winner will be notified by email provided at the time of entry. No communication or correspondence will be entered into, except with selected entrants.
11. To be confirmed a Winner, the selected entrant must:
a. confirm compliance with these Contest Rules;
b. accept the Prizes as awarded;
c. correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, and within the time prescribed; and
d. sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release and have their guests sign a Declaration of Eligibility and Release (or their guests’ parent/legal guardian for minor guests) and return on their behalf, in the form requested by CAA, within three (3) business days from the date of delivery thereof.
12. The mathematical skill-testing question will be administered live through a CAA South Central Ontario representative via mail or phone call and returned to CAA South Central Ontario, 60 Commerce Valley Drive E., Thornhill, ON L3T 7P9.
13. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within one (1) business day of the first attempt to contact him/her and after a minimum of two (2) attempts, or fails to be confirmed as a Winner within the time prescribed, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive any Prize, and another eligible entry will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received until such a Winner is confirmed. The initially selected Winner(s) will have no recourse towards CAA or anyone involved in the Contest.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
14. Prizes will only be delivered to the confirmed Winners. Please allow two (2) to four (4) weeks for delivery.
15. Selected entrants are subject to verification by CAA and/or its designated representatives, in their sole discretion.
16. Refusal by an entrant to accept the Prizes or any part of the Prize releases and forever discharges CAA and its agents from all obligations related to the Prizes, including delivery. The Winner(s) are solely responsible for all expenses which are not included in any Prize description above.
17. Actual Prize value may vary based on fluctuations in rates and winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value.
18. Winner agrees to be responsible for the conduct of his or her guests. Winner and his or her guests will be solely responsible for transportation and incidentals for purchase (i.e parking, food, accommodations movies, internet, laundry) unless otherwise indicated in these Contest Rules.
19. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook (a “Social Media Platform”). The Social Media Platform is completely released of all liability by each entrant or participant in this contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not the Social Media Platform.
20. Neither the Sponsor nor the independent judging organization will be responsible for entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, postage due, destroyed or delayed. Both the Sponsor and the independent judging organization assumes no responsibility for any failure of the Contest website or computer systems during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry including an online entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s property (including computer) related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material in relation to the Contest.
21. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest for any reason including should a virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupt or affect the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is illegal, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including, where appropriate, criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. The Sponsor reserves the right to change the terms of this Contest or terminate it at any time, without prior notice.
22. This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and other social media platforms as applicable (“Social Media Platform”). Your personal information is being submitted to CAA SCO and not to the Social Media Platforms. By entering the Contest by means of a Social Media Platform, you agree to comply with such Social Media Platform’s terms of service and you fully release the Social Media Platform from any and all liability in respect to the Contest and/or the Prize. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor(s) and not to the Social Media Platform.
23. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release CAA and their affiliated companies and prizing providers, and their officers, directors, employees, suppliers, sponsors, administrators, representatives and agents, including but not limited to CAA’s advertising and promotional agencies (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever arising from their participation in the Contest or use of any Prize awarded as a result of this Contest.
24. CAA’s suppliers are independent third parties over which CAA does not exercise any control. CAA is not responsible for the acts or omissions of these suppliers, nor does it assume any responsibility for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment to the Winner.
26. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the decisions of CAA are final and binding. CAA may, at its sole discretion, terminate or withdraw any Contest entry without liability and without notice to the entrant. CAA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest for any reason including should a virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the reasonable control of CAA corrupt or affect the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is illegal, and should such an attempt be made, CAA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including, where appropriate, criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. CAA reserves the right to change the terms of this Contest or terminate it at any time, without prior notice.
27. Online entries must be made by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of mechanical assistance, form filling software, or robotic assistance is prohibited.
28. Only one (1) entrant’s name may appear on the entry form. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a selected entrant based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address at the time of entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question.
29. CAA assumes no responsibility for entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, postage due, destroyed or delayed. CAA assumes no responsibility for any failure of the Contest website or computer systems during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry including an online entry to be received by CAA on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s property (including computer) related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material in relation to the Contest.
30. By accepting a Prize in this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, city of residence, voice, photograph, image or likeness in any publicity or advertisement carried out by CAA or in connection with this Contest without any further compensation.
31. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and shall be governed by the laws of Ontario.
32. All applicable federal, provincial and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
33. Trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
34. CAA® and CAA logo trademarks are owned by and use is granted by the Canadian Automobile Association. Making bad days good. And good days better.® is a registered trademark of CAA Club Group.
35. This Contest is sponsored by, and is at the sole discretion of, CAA Club Group.
© 2017 CAA South Central Ontario
Back to Top ↑