Published on September 29th, 2016 | by Rael Tooch0
A Royal Affair
It draws massive crowds, offers a broad spectrum of entertainment and is one of the biggest events of the year. It’s the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair and it’s coming to Toronto this November.
If you’ve experienced it, you’ll know how exciting it is. If not, then now is your chance to go and marvel at everything it has to offer. From the best in local food and equestrian competitions to fun activities and exhibits, there is something to delight everyone. And as a CAA Member you can save up to 20% on tickets.
Here is a snapshot of what you can expect:
The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair and Boots and Hearts Music Festival have partnered to bring up-and-coming Canadian country music stars to the Fair this year. The winner Vanessa Marie Carter, along with two finalists Jesse Gold and Robyn Ottolini of the 2016 Boots and Hearts Emerging Artist Showcase, will perform live at The Royal on Saturday, November 12 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Food & Lifestyle Stage
On Sunday November 6th top chefs from Ireland, the USA and Canada will be heating things up on the Food & Lifestyle Stage. Don’t miss the finals of the Road to The Royal Chef Competition where one of our regional winners from Prince Edward County, Paris, Barrie, Port Elgin, Collingwood or Markham will be crowned Royal Champion. Plus cooking and decorating demonstrations and of course lots of sampling.
The Royal Winter Gallery
Located in Heritage Court will have a new large landscape feature created by Near North Landscaping, that celebrates the changing Canadian landscape from Fall to Winter. Designed as a pathway, with impressive features like a living wall, water feature and a giant Christmas tree, visitors walk through a beautiful and tranquil “outdoor” setting in the heart of The Royal.Surrounding the central landscape feature are professional artists, creating artwork live at the Fair. Eight artists will demonstrate a variety of styles from encaustic (wax) to oil and acrylics.
A NEW special feature in The Royal Winter Gallery will be a stage area with seating for about 30 people, where our artists provide live demonstration and interaction with the audience including and educational component where people can Learn to Draw Animals. Professional artists from Art Battle® will conduct live sessions daily leading up to their Competition on Friday Nov 11 at 7pm.
The Royal Horse Show
One of the top galas and entertainment events in the City each November, there’s a lot to see and do at the Royal Horse Show:10 spectacular days and nights of competitions: the Greenhawk Canadian Show Jumping Championship, Horseware Indoor Eventing Challenge, Ontario Toyota Dealers Rodeo, Longines FEI World Cup™, The Royal International Invitational Dressage Cup, Weston Canadian Open and Big Ben Challenge featuring Olympic caliber riders and horses. The coliseum features a new larger digital screen and The Royal livestreams to subscribers in 81 countries.
- NEW – Ring of Excellence. The Ring is the cornerstone of agricultural animal competitions and is moving to the centre of the commercial floor. It will be 25% larger than past years, seat 1,500 patrons and will have in seat hospitality options. The Ring will feature digital screens and live streaming of the cattle shows to international audiences.
- The Ring plays host to most of the major animal competitions including beef cattle and dairy cows plus Fancy birds and Rabbits and Cavies. If you are looking to reach a more rural or out of province audience, this is the place to be seen
- Butter tart Competition – expanding from a demonstration competition to a full Royal Competition with both a Professional and Amateur Class. Celebrity chef and author Ted Reader will be on hand judge.
- Cheese is always a hotly contested competition, but what makes a “good” cheese? This year The Royal will modify the judging criteria to evaluate on 1) the industry food science perspective and 2) influencer perspective – what appeals to consumers- colour, flavour, taste. Small and large dairies compete head to head across a wide selection of cheese types.
- Giant Vegetables are a favourite exhibit at The Royal. This year we are hoping to attract some of the top growers and maybe even a World Record breaker in the Giant Pumpkin category. Stay tuned as this competition maybe held on Opening Day with live judging.
- Wednesday Nov 9 is Champions Day at the Fair. Day time events will focus on hands on education and evening events will provide guest with the opportunity to sample Royal Champions including, wine, cheese, jam and more…
There’s a lot to love at The Royal. It’s 10 days of Farm fresh Fun November 4-13, 2016.
General Admission Ticket Prices (Save up to 20%)
- Regular Adult Price – $25; CAA Members $20
- Regular Senior Price – $19; CAA Members $17
- Regular Youth Price – $16; CAA Members $14.50
- Family Pass ( 2 adults/ 2 Youth) – $56; CAA Members $50
The CAA discount price is available online to pre-purchase or during the event at the gate.
© 2017 CAA South Central Ontario
Back to Top ↑