Published on May 25th, 2016 | by Guest Contributor
The Benefits of Rust Prevention.
Your vehicle may look and perform great now but if left unprotected, it will eventually succumb to rust. Think rust is only a cosmetic nuisance? Think again. Rust can have a far greater impact on your vehicle. For starters, it can shorten a vehicle’s lifecycle, cause mechanical and electrical parts to fail and even affect vehicle safety. So why would you not include regular rust prevention as part of proper vehicle maintenance?
With winter behind us, now is the ideal time to rust proof your ride. Why? According to Statistics Canada, a whopping five million tonnes of road salt is used every winter to help rid Canadian roads and highways of ice and snow. Did you know all those de-icing chemicals used on our roads during winter combined with the high humidity in warmer months, creates the perfect breeding environment for rust?
Part of proper vehicle maintenance, rust prevention benefits include:
1. Higher Resale Value. Rust-free vehicles sell quicker, for more money.
2. Lower Repair Costs. Rust-free vehicles have fewer maintenance issues. Repairs on electronic components are actually caused by corrosion. “Active” rust control products keep moving parts like brake cables lubricated resulting in less seize-ups.
3. Safer, More Appealing. Rust can compromise structural integrity. In collisions, corroded parts can cause panels to collapse in ways not intended by the manufacturer. Plus, rust-free vehicles are more visually appealing.
4. Longer Lifecycle. Rust-free vehicles last longer mechanically and structurally.
5. Environmental Impact. Rust-free vehicles and their metal components can be recycled, thereby reducing waste.
6. Helps Resale Value. Rust-proofing helps preserve the beauty of your car’s finish and keeps the vehicle’s resale value from decreasing.
CAA Members can save* $10 on a Krown® Rust Control application and up to 20% off Krown® merchandise. Simply visit the location, buy online, or call 800-267-5744.
*Offer Conditions: CAA Members must present a valid membership card upon making their purchase. Discount can only be applied against regular retail price and cannot be combined with any other discount or offers. Partners and/or offers are subject to change without notice.
Interested in learning more about the benefits of rust control or ready to start protecting your vehicle against corrosion?
© 2017 CAA South Central Ontario
Back to Top ↑